Wednesday, July 14, 2010

An Update On Samuel

Today I just had a feeling that I was going to be receiving news about one of my sponsored children. Nothing arrived in the mail, but when I checked all my online accounts there it was- an updated report on Samuel!
Happily, Samuel is still in school. His favorite subject is now Language. His interests are playing with friends and playing with his siblings. They didn't update his height or weight- he's still listed as 4'9" and 90 lbs, same as July 2009. No doubt he's grown, but I don't think the older children necessarily get yearly checkups like the younger children do (unless there's a reason for it), so maybe his height and weight haven't been officially recorded since last year.
The info about his home has been updated, too- instead of a concrete floor the floor of the house is now listed as dirt. So either they've moved, or this is a correction of the last report.
No updated picture, though- the last one is dated 6/22/10, which is exactly 3 days before I began sponsoring Samuel, so I don't expect a new photo for about another year.

Edit: I checked the report again today and the floor is once again listed as being concrete. So I'm thinking they probably are in the same home as they were when the last report was completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment