Friday, July 16, 2010

Hachita's Package Is On Its Way!

I mailed Hachita's birthday package this morning! All the items fit in a large padded envelope, which cost $14.50 to ship to Zambia. It weighed only 1lb 5oz, which is part of the reason it cost so little to mail. I included a nice card with a little letter from me. Here is what I wrote:
Dear Hachita-
Happy Birthday! Here are some gifts for you. The bear is called a Teddy Bear. Lots of children in America have them. I have one myself. This one is especially for you, from me. Please share the balloons, decorations, and horns with your brothers, sisters, and friends. Also please make sure babies don't play with the balloons. It's not safe. The balloons are for older children. You can play many games with them once they're blown up. Have fun!
How is school? I hope you are doing well. Did you get my letter in Tonga and my postcard in English? Do you learn English in school? I hope you enjoy school and learn a lot.
I saw a photo of you with the mosquito net you were given at the end of June. I'm very happy that you got it! I look at the picture and think of you often.
Here is some more about me: I love sports like soccer, volleyball, and baseball. I have a job in an apartment building that I enjoy very much. I have 2 cats and a guinea pig as pets. I am 26 years old.
I hope you have a very happy birthday!
Your sponsor and friend,
Nicole

I also included a little photo of myself in the card. This is probably the first birthday card she's ever received!

No comments:

Post a Comment