Thursday, July 1, 2010

Crestetor


This is my third Child Hope Zambia girl, Crestetor Ng'Andu. She is eight years old, turning 9 on October 4th. She's in the first grade.
I chose Crestetor because she doesn't have any parents- at least not that she lives with. She lives with her older sister and 4 other brothers and 5 other sisters, in Manyana. She also wants to be a teacher when she grows up. Her favorite school subject is English, and her favorite color is red. I'm a little puzzled by her favorite pastime, which is listed as sweeping...as in sweeping the floor. At first I thought maybe it was transposed with her chores at home, but for chores, "fetching water" is listed. So yeah, I don't really understand, and I'm not sure whether to be amused that she likes to sweep that much, or saddened by the fact that, well, all she does for fun is sweep.

No comments:

Post a Comment