Thursday, July 1, 2010

Lavendah



Math will be my downfall. I swear. I just did the math on my (now former) smoking habit and it came out to an average of $122.50 per month that I was spending on cigarettes. My reward for quitting smoking is sponsoring more children. Therefore, because I have OCD (really. I do.), I wanted the amount I was donating to the children to match the amount I was spending on the cigarettes. I know, bizarre logic, but in Nicole-brain, it makes sense. Anyway, I was coming up with a little extra money left over in the no-smoking fund each month, so I decided to add two more Child Hope Zambia kids. (Plus, I redid my budget after trimming down my phone bill a little and adjusting for some other thrifty habits, and came out even MORE ahead.)

With no further ado, meet Lavendah Mooya! She's eight years old and lives in Manyana with her parents, brother, and sister. She's in second grade and wants to be a teacher when she grows up. Her favorite school subject is math, and her favorite color is black. Her favorite pastime is netball, and for chores she washes dishes.


No comments:

Post a Comment