Monday, July 5, 2010

Hachita's Birthday Is Coming Up!

That's right, Hachita, one of my sponsored children through Child Hope Zambia (http://www.childhopezambia.blogspot.com/) will be turning 14 on August 29! I am going to send a package directly to the project for her. I went to the store and picked out some small items that I thought she'd enjoy and that, very importantly, would travel well.
Here's what I picked: about ten of those little paper horns that you blow into and they either unroll or have streamers; a crepe banner that says HAPPY BIRTHDAY!; a jump rope; a package of balloons; three little post-it notepads with decorations on them (flowers, mostly); a package of 12 colored pencils; and a small teddy bear. I'm also sending a nice card and a little letter from me. All of the items fit in a large padded envelope. I'm prepared to spend a small chunk of change to ship it- I'll probably ship birthday packages to all 3 of my girls, so that's only 3 packages a year. I can see, however, why some other organizations prefer that you just send a donation rather than a direct package.

I'm still investigating the cheapest option for mailing. I figure I have a little time- her birthday's not until August 29.

No comments:

Post a Comment