Monday, July 19, 2010

Letter to Francisco, 7/19/10

I'm on a letter-writing rampage! Ha ha ha. I think it's going to be tough for me to resist the temptation to write "too often." But I understand and respect the reasons why I can't write, say, every week. It would be just overwhelming for the child, and it would also bog down the translators and other staff.
Anyway, here's what I wrote to Francisco, the little boy I'm part of a group sponsorship for:

Dear Francisco,
Hello! My name is Nicole A. and I am one of your sponsors. We are a group of friends who all care about you very much. We live all over the world. I live in a village near Washington, DC, the capitol of the USA. I like my small village. I live near the forest and I see animals like deer, foxes, frogs, birds, squirrels, and raccoons. I like to watch the animals.
I also have three pets who stay in the house: two cats and a guinea pig. They are cute and I like to play with them.
I know that you like to play soccer. I also love to play soccer! I also like baseball and volleyball, but soccer is my favorite sport of all.
Do you like school? What grade are you in? When I was your age I liked school. I liked learning reading, writing, and art.
Please greet your family for me. I hope everyone is well. I think of you often and always hope you are healthy and happy. Take care. You are very special.
Your sponsor and friend,
Nicole A.

No comments:

Post a Comment