Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Two Little Boys

This young man is named Jesus Salvador. He is from Mexico. His family (which includes him, his parents, and one sibling) makes only $76 a month! Jesus is 6 years old, and his date of birth is February 26.
I also have to point out that $76 is the lowest income I've seen for a child (on CI's site) living in Mexico. Most of the other children's families have incomes in the $200s-$400s. There must be some kind of extraordinary hardship in Jesus's family. Also, Jesus has been waiting for a sponsor ever since he was enrolled in the program about 1 year ago.
This little guy is Henry Daniel, age 2. Henry is from Honduras, where he lives with his parents and three siblings on a meager income of $53 a month. His talents include singing and dancing, and he likes to play with cars and toys. He shares a birthday with my mother- November 12!
My direct deposit paycheck hits my account around 11:15 Thursday night. I have a feeling that my first phone call on Friday morning is going to be to Children International...to sponsor these boys!




No comments:

Post a Comment