Monday, July 12, 2010

Letter to Elizabeth

I'm going to keep a record of all the letters I send to my sponsored children, at least the ones that I sent through the mail. I want to be able to remember what I wrote to them so I don't repeat myself. This is my first letter to Elizabeth in Zambia.
Dear Elizabeth,
Hello! My name is Nicole [lastname] and I am your new sponsor. How are you? I hope you are well. I am very happy to be your sponsor. Let me tell you some more about myself.
I am a 26-year-old lady. I am married to a very nice man named Adam. I do not have any children. My husband and I live in a house in Maryland, near Washington, DC, the capitol of the USA. But we do not live in the city. We live in a village called Potomac. Do you live in a city, town, or village? I like my home because it is near the forest, which is very pretty. I see animals like deer, foxes, birds, squirrels, frogs, chipmunks, and raccoons near my house.
My favorite colors are blue and orange. My favorite animal is the horse. For fun I like to walk outdoors and I also like to do word puzzles and I love to read.
I am very happy to be your sponsor and I hope you are happy too. I look forward to learning more about you. You are very important to me. You are a very special little girl.
Your sponsor and friend,
Nicole [lastname]

On the CI website, they say that encouragement is one of the most important things you can give your sponsored child. Elizabeth looks so sad in her photo, and I want her to know that I am someone who cares about her, even if I'm half the world away.

No comments:

Post a Comment