Friday, July 30, 2010

First Letter to Henry, 7/30/10

I have no experience writing letters to a toddler (does anyone?), so I sort of addressed Henry's letter to him AND his family. I'm not sure if either of his parents can read, but maybe one of his older siblings can, and the family can know what I've said that way. Anyway, here is what I wrote:
Dear Henry y Familia-
Hola! Como estan ustedes? (Hello! How are you all?) My name is Nicole A and I am Henry's new sponsor. I greet Henry and family with affection and caring. I would first like to say hello to Senor and Senora [lastname], brother Eduardo, sisters Dania and Reina, and all the family of Henry. I hope everyone is well!
Let me introduce myself so we can know each other better. I am a 26-year-old woman. I live with my husband, Adam, in a village called Potomac. It is near the city of Washington, DC, the capital of the USA. We like our small village. It is beautiful and there is a river and forest nearby.
In my free time I like to read, write, talk with my friends, and make things. I like to sew, knit, and weave. I also like to play sports like soccer and baseball. Do you like soccer, Henry? It is my favorite sport.
My favorite colors are blue and orange. What are your favorite colors? My favorite animal is the horse, though I like all animals. My favorite food is pasta with tomato and meat sauce.
I hope you receive many benefits from this program. I look forward to hearing from you and reading your letters! I am so happy to be your sponsor. Here is a photo of me so you can know what I look like. Stay well! Your sponsor friend,
Nicole A.

No comments:

Post a Comment