Saturday, November 27, 2010

Wonderful Letter from Padmashree!

On Thanksgiving Day, after our family gathering, on our way home, my husband and I stopped to check the mailbox at the house we just moved out of. I found a letter from Padmashree! What excellent timing. You see, Padmashree was the first child I sponsored- the one who started it all! So to get a letter from her on this day of giving thanks was very appropriate, because I am very thankful to Padmashree for helping to change many parts of my life.
Here is what Padmashree, 12, had to say:
"Dear Nicole,
Please accept my best wishes. Hope all of you are well. I am glad to get your letter and know about you. Please accept my best wishes for your birthday. Many many returns of your birthday. On my birthday I ate cake and lozenges and got 2 new frocks and a pen. I enjoyed my birthday. My school is going well. I study in grade VII. Stay well. I have drawn a picture for you for your birthday. Hope you will like it. I will remember a friend like you for ever.
Yours lovingly, Padmashree"
The part where she says she will remember a friend like me forever gets me a little misty-eyed every time. I will remember her forever, too, and I'm going to tell her in my next letter to be sure she knows it!

No comments:

Post a Comment