Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Dalia Zoila, Age 8


Guayaquil, Ecuador called my name once again...I saw Dalia and thought, "I want to put a smile on her face. I want to be her sponsor!"
Dalia Zoila is eight years old, born on February 4, 2002. She is 3'6" tall and weighs 42 lbs. She likes to dance and play with dolls. Dalia lives with her parents and two sisters- one older, one younger. Father Segundo Angel is a street vendor, and mother Gala Esmereldas is a homemaker. Older sister Johanna Julissa is 17, and younger sister Kerly Kimberly is 7. The family's monthly income is about $160.
The home they live in consists of one multi-use room. The walls are split cane, the roof is corrugated metal, and the floor is wood. The family cooks on a gas stove, and Dalia has a bed to sleep in. There is running water and a septic tank at the home, and electricity is available.
Dalia attends school, which I was very happy to see. She enjoys art class most. I was a little afraid that, due to her special needs (she appears to have Down's Syndrome) and her family's limited financial means, she would be unable to attend school at all. I have requested an Education report so I'll know more about that, and I've also requested a health report. I don't usually do health reports, but since Dalia is a special needs child, I decided I would like to know more about her health. Of course, if the parents don't give consent, I won't receive the health report.
So that's Dalia, my latest Ecuadorian cutie.

No comments:

Post a Comment