Tuesday, November 16, 2010

My Antonia


My excuse for not writing an introductory post for Antonia is, um...yeah. Kind of embarassing. I did, however, write a blog post about her on LiftOne, which is a great website that everyone should check out! (http://www.liftone.org/) However, I completely neglected to even mention Antonia here...I am sorry, Antonia!

Antonia S. O. A. is eight years old and lives in Valparaíso, Chile. She was another child whose photo I saw on the website and couldn't stop thinking about. It was the scarf, you see. I had myself convinced that Antonia was/is fighting cancer, hence the scarf. However, once I calmed down a little bit, I realized that that was an awfully big conclusion to be jumping to. There are, after all, other reasons a girl might wear a cute scarf on her head! But I still couldn't stop thinking about Antonia, so I sponsored her.
Antonia will turn 9 years old next August 23. She stands 4 feet tall and weighs 75 lbs. Her hair is brown and her eyes are a striking green! Unusual!
Antonia attends school- her favorite subject is Art. She enjoys playing indoor games and dancing. At home, her chore is sweeping. Antonia lives with her mother, Ximena Patricia, a homemaker. Her father, Rodrigo Antonio, is working in another city. The family's monthly income is about $240. Antonia has two older sisters: Dasty Marcela is 12, and Melanye S. is 11.
The family lives in a home consisting of four bedrooms, a dining room, and a kitchen. The walls and roof are made of wood, and the floor is tile. They cook on a portable gas stove, and Antonia sleeps in a bed. There is running water in the home, a toilet for sanitation, and electricity is available.
So that's Antonia! I've been sponsoring her for almost a month now- since October 19th.

No comments:

Post a Comment