Saturday, November 27, 2010

Joanne, Chess Champion and Future Nurse


Joanne, 12, from Tabaco, Philippines, wrote me a wonderful Welcome letter. In my experience, the children from the Philippines write really excellent letters. Maybe it's because they write in English, so no translation is needed for English-speaking sponsors, or maybe it's just because the kids seem so warm and loving. Whatever it is, it's a treat to get a letter from one of my 3 Filipino/a kids.
Joanne writes:
"Dear Sponsor,
Hello to you and to your family before anything else my name is Joanne B. I'm 12 years old. I was born on October 29, 1997. I am 1st year high school at Tabaco National High School. My ambition is to become a nurse. I will do my best to help the people have a sick. My mother is Jennifer B. she is 32 years old. My father is Santos B. he is my stepfather he is 39 years old. My sister are Sunshine B. she is 7 years old while Jennlyn B. is 5 years old.
My favorite food are vegetables, fruits, fish and meat. My favorite subject is Math. My favorite color are sky blue and orange. My hobbies are watching TV, playing badminton and chess, especially singing at the church. My favorite toy is chessboard.
Thank you for sponsoring me. I hope that God gives you a good health and God bless you always.
Respectfully Yours,
Joanne Buasan"
I think it's great that she wants to be a nurse. Nursing is an excellent profession, and I know that if Joanne works hard, she can reach her goal!

No comments:

Post a Comment