Monday, November 1, 2010

Meet Vivian Carolina!


I decided to make my budget ssssstretch so I could sponsor Vivian Carolina. Why? Well, first of all, her family's monthly income is just $17! I called to ask if she had ever been sponsored before- if she had, and had lost her sponsor, she would still be receiving benefits. But if she never had a sponsor before, she would not be receiving benefits yet. The answer? Never sponsored before. So I had her added to my account.
Vivian Carolina A. P. is seven years old. Her birthday is March 10, 2003. She is 3'5" tall and weighs 32 pounds- she's just a teeny little girl! Vivian lives in rural Guatemala, with her parents and two brothers. Father Mario Alvaro is a farmer, and mother Florencia is a homemaker. Vivian has two older brothers- Byron Estuardo, 8, and Mario Enrique, 11. How they manage to survive on $17 a month is beyond me!
Vivian's family home consists of three bedrooms and a kitchen. The floor is concrete, the walls are brick, and the roof is corrugated metal. Cooking is done over an open fire. Vivian sleeps on a metal bed. Electricity use is regulated, and there is a toilet for sanitation. Water comes from a neighbor's faucet.
Vivian attends school, where her favorite subjects are art, languages, and mathematics. At home her chores are washing dishes. In her free time she enjoys playing with dolls, singing, and dancing.
I definitely didn't plan to add Vivian, but I'm glad I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment