Saturday, November 27, 2010

Letters from Child Hope Zambia!

Child Hope Zambia, the smaller sponsorship organization I sponsor with, has the children write four times a year, but they can write more often if they want! It looks like two of my sponsored children, Hachita (14 years old) and Lavenda (9), are writers! On November 11, I received two letters from Hachita and one from Lavenda.
In a fill-in-the-blank letter, Hachita writes:
"Dear sponsor,
My favorite subject in school is English. I will tell you a bit about my teacher, classmates, and school house: Mrs. Mayanda, classmates 52. My best friend's name is Miyoba. What I like best about her is: I trust her because she is good. I would like to tell you about my family: in our family I have two brothers and two sisters. I know my family loves me because we used to live together with our parent. One day I would like to be a teacher at school. I also want to tell you that I received things that you sent to me. Thank you very much God bless you every time.
Your sponsored child,
N. Hachita"

In the second letter, which was not a fill-in-the-blank letter, Hachita writes:
"Dear Nicole,
How are you with your family? My family is well. We have three seasons here: spring, winter, and summer. We have just started another season which is summer and the previous season was winter. I like summer too, because it is warm.
I live on the farm with mum no father and we keep ducks and we also have chicken. We are 4 in our family and am third. I am 10 years old. [But she's 14. I assume she got her numerals mixed up. Normally I'd believe what the child said their age was, but I've seen photos of her and there's no way she's ten.]
I like schooling and am in Grade 4. At school I enjoy studying creative and social studies and English. I like playing netball, drawing and playing with bicycles. Thanks for your letters and am happy that you are my sponsor.
Your friend,
Hachita."

Lavenda writes a template letter as well:
Dear sponsor, My favorite subject in school is English. I will tell you a bit about my teacher, classmates, and school house: My teacher is friendly to each one, classmates are good and kind too. My best friend's name is Annitah. What I like best about her is: she helps me in school academic work. I would like to tell you about my family: we are six in our fmaily and both of my parents are still alive. I know my family loves me because I am responsible in the family. They trust me and I do well at school. One day I would like to be a female doctor.
I also want to tell you we live in a village called Simwaba in Mazabuka district in southern part of Zambia. I am very happy to be your sponsored child and my family is also happy too.
Your sponsored child,
Lavenda M."

Also along with those letters, I received a health report for a child I sponsor with two other sponsors. Private, the child, was thought to be suffering from a specific serious health problem- a terminal illness, in fact. However, tests done during the health checkup revealed that Private is not, in fact, suffering from this specific illness! I was SO happy to learn this. There are some other health issues that Private is dealing with, but the big one, the one that I know I was most worried about, is NOT one of those issues. Hurray!

No comments:

Post a Comment