Saturday, November 27, 2010

Egda Wishes Me a Happy Birthday!


About two weeks after my 27th birthday, I received a CP letter from Egda, 7, in Ecuador. In my last letter, I'd shared that it was almost my birthday, and told her a little about what I'd do on my birthday. (Celebrate with my husband and friends, have a meal together and cake, blow out the candles, be very happy to be with my family and friends...emphasis on non-material things.) Egda wrote me this nice reply:
"Hola Nicole A!
Receive my greetings. My family and I are so happy for your letter. We also have animals in my town, such as cows, rabbits, and horses. I am so happy because you love animals. I am so happy because I have a new brother named Bryan. He is in good health and he has a light brown hair. I wish you a happy birthday in the distance and I am sending a kiss. I wish you have great moments together with your husband and friends. Receive lots of blessings. I hope you continue turning more years. [I hope so, too!] I also wish God keep you healthy and give you lots of joy. Yes, I am learning many different things at school. I am so happy because I have new teachers and friends with whom I play, dance and sing. I deeply thank you for being a wonderful sponsor! I say goodbye with a big hug. Egda Karina P. V."
Isn't that sweet? And I love the part about playing, singing, and dancing with her teachers and friends. Egda seems like quite an outgoing girl. In my mind, I have this picture of her dancing around with her friends, and it's so cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment