Monday, November 1, 2010

A Mailbox Full of Letters- Part 2

The other three letters I received last Monday were from three of my younger children: Daneisi, Jesus, and Elizabeth. These were all responses to the first letter I sent to each child.
Daneisi is 8 years old and lives in the Dominican Republic. She does not write her own letters yet, as she's just started school. Here is what her father wrote on her behalf:
"Thank you for writing to my daughter Daneisi. We are very well and happy. Her mother is named Juliana Z. and her father is Juan I. M. Thank you for the letter and the pictures. She likes to study and she likes to play with dolls with her friends."

Elizabeth just turned 6 in October. She has not been to school at all yet, so her brother wrote for her. "Dear Nicole, Greeting from your sponsored child. The family is fine the child is very happy to receive a letter and a picture. She has really admired your face. She has really liked the photo. Elizabeth lives in a town called Lusaka. She has liked your husband's name [Adam]. The child likes the blue colour and the her favorites. [?] Also Elizabeth is proud to have you as her sponsor. Yours Brother for Elizabeth"

I love the part about Elizabeth really admiring my face. It's kind of a self-esteem booster, ha ha! But seriously, this letter actually gave me a lot of information. I didn't know that Elizabeth had a brother- her family report lists her as living with 0 siblings. I did assume that she had siblings, but I didn't know for sure, and now I do!

Lastly is Jesus. Jesus is 6 years old and lives in Mexico. He, too, does not yet attend school, so his aunt has written his CP letter for him. She writes: "Dear sponsor, Hello! I am the aunt of Jesus Salvador, he is six years old and he likes to play toy cars and soccer. His favorite meal is egg, soup and vegetables and his favorite fruit is mango, orange and bananas and he lives with his grandparents and his two siblings and he likes to go out to the park and also he likes animals like cats and dogs and he likes the circus a lot and when he attends to the circus he is very happy and he likes a lot to go out and he likes to play with his siblings and he sleeps on his own and he knows how to clean up his room and organize his stuff. I thank you a lot for sponsoring him, I hope that you keep on doing it. Sincerely, Maria de Jesus R. M."

What a lot of information! I love the part about the circus. It just makes me happy to know that, poor or not, Jesus is able to have fun and do things like go to the circus and the park. I also did not know before that he lives with his grandparents, in addition to his parents. (I know that his parents are both present.) So that's really nice.

I'm so happy with my letters! And...more arrived TODAY! So I'll be writing about those soon, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment