Monday, November 1, 2010

A Mailbox Full of Letters! Part One- Mirian

Last Monday I received FIVE letters from my sponsored children: Two (CW and CP) from Mirian in Guatemala, and CP letters from Elizabeth in Zambia, Jesus in Mexico, and Daneisi in the Dominican Republic.
First are Mirian's letters. Mirian is 13 years old and lives in rural Guatemala. In her CW (Child Welcome) letter, Mirian writes:
"Hi Dear Sponsor, I thank you for sponsoring me and for the support you give me, it is a great bless for me and my family. I want to tell you that my family is in good health and I want to tell you that I like to study and to spend time along my friends and I want to tell you that I like English and I like to listen to music and to dance and I want to tell you that on Sundays I go to the church along with my family. With love, Mirian Yesenia G. J."

Mirian's CP letter (a response to the first letter I sent, shortly after sponsoring her in late July):
"Dear Nicole A, I greet you with a lot of love wishing you are in good health along your family. I thank you for the correspondence and the photo you sent me, I am very happy to receive it. I know there is someone who is worried about me. [Literal translation can be funny!] I want to tell you that I am doing very well with my studies, thank God, I am in fifth grade, and I am learning a lot. My favorite animal is the rabbit and I want to tell you that I go to the church along my family. I say goodbye with a lot of love, may God bless you. Mirian Yesenia G. J."

Mirian also drew a nice little scene on the second letter- a countryside with a bunny and a sun and a hill and a river. It's extremely cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment