Saturday, November 27, 2010

Amanda Jhamile

This little cutie-pie is Amanda Jhamile H. C. She is four years old and lives in Quito, Ecuador. She's my first sponsored child from Quito- all my other Ecuadorian children are in Guayaquil.
I decided to sponsor Amanda because, when I saw her listed on the website, it said she lived with her mother, didn't have any siblings, and the family's monthly income was just $40! So I called CI and added Amanda to my account. However, at the same time I was doing that, Amanda's information was being updated! So, when the detailed report appeared on my account, the family's income now read $240! I was very confused and actually emailed CI to ask what happened. They responded and explained it to me, which made me very happy. That is just one thing I love about Children International- when you call or email them with a question, they will find out the answer. If they have to get back to you, they DO get back to you! They are very professional and efficient.

Anyway, here's some more about little Amanda. Her birthday is July 1st, 2006. Amanda stands just 2'11" tall and weighs 33 lbs. She already is in school, which surprised me, but it's good to get an early start! Her favorite class is art. At home, she is too young for chores, but she enjoys playing with dolls, toys, and cars, and she also likes to sing and dance.
Amanda is an only child, and lives with her mother, Ana Lucia, a homemaker. Father Wilson Santiago has abandoned the family. The family's monthly income is about $240, and there are seven people in the home.
The home consists of one multi-use room, with walls and a roof of concrete and a floor of wood. They cook on a portable gas stove and sleep in metal beds. There are 5 beds in the home, for 7 people. There is also running water, regulated electricity, and a toilet for sanitation.

No comments:

Post a Comment