Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Vilma Susana, Age 3

First of all, I have to let people know that if I didn't know better, I'd say this was a photo of ME at age 3. It's the hair, really- when I was young I had the same curly red hair as Vilma. I don't know how my mother managed it. Anyway, when I saw Vilma...that was it. I had to sponsor her!
Vilma Susana is from San Pedro Sula, Honduras. Judging by the photo backgrounds, it looks like Vilma and Sandra attend the same community center.
Vilma is almost 4 years old- her birthday is December 19, 2006. She is 3'1" tall and weighs 31 lbs. She likes to dance, sing, and play with dolls. She is too young for chores or to attend school.
Vilma lives with her mother, Nicolasa, a factory worker. Her father, Walter Eliseo, abandoned the family, so Vilma's mom is raising Vilma and her two older siblings on her own. Vilma has an older sister, Andrea Nicol, who is 8, and an older brother, Eduar Antonio, who is 10.
The home that the family lives in consists of a kitchen, living room, and three bedrooms. The walls are concrete block, the floor is concrete, and the roof is corrugated metal. They have a gas stove for cooking. There is running water in the home, electricity is available, and there is a latrine for sanitation purposes.
I'm excited that Vilma and Sandra are in the same area. It makes it more likely that they are friends, though I know CI helps thousands of children and it's possible that Vilma and Sandra will never even meet. BUT I like to imagine that they are best friends and play together at the community center all the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment