Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Sandra Michell, Age 3


I've recently had a change in my financial situation (a change for the better!), so I of course decided to use some (okay, most) of it to help out some more needy kids!
The absolutely-so-adorable-I-could-die child above is Sandra Michell. She is 3 years old and she comes from San Pedro Sula, Honduras. She was born on August 14, 2007. Sandra is just 2'7" tall and weighs 25 pounds. She doesn't attend school yet, since she's only 3, and likewise she's too young to do chores at home. She likes to dance and play with dolls. (I bet she's even cuter when she's dancing- if it's possible for her to get any cuter!)
Her family's monthly income is about $105. Father Milton Ernesto is a daily worker, and mother Gloria Maritza is a homemaker. Sandra has one older brother, Milton Josue, who is 5.
The home Sandra lives in with her family consists of a living room and one bedroom. The walls are concrete block and the floor is concrete as well. The roof is made of corrugated metal. There is running water in the home, and electricity is available. A latrine is used for sanitation. The family cooks on an earthen stove, and Sandra has a bed to sleep in.
I'm really looking forward to getting to know Sandra. I sponsor one other very young child, Henry, who is 2 years old, turning 3 on November 12th. He's also from Honduras. So far I've received two letters from him, both written by older sisters. I really feel like I'm sponsoring the whole family with Henry, and I think it'll prove to be the same feeling with Sandra and my other new "baby", Vilma, who I'll write about next.

No comments:

Post a Comment