Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Samuel's CW Letter- August 2010

Here is Samuel's CW letter from the end of August 2010. The CW stands for "Child Welcome" and is the first letter the sponsored child writes to the new sponsor. In Samuel's case, I received both his CW and CP (Child Participation) letters on the same day, but ended up opening the CP letter first and the CW second, in reverse order than that which they were written in. Confused yet? Don't be! Ha ha!
Anyway, here's what Samuel had to say in his Welcome letter to me:

"Dear Sponsor,
Hello! I hope your [sic] always fine. As of now I'm in second year high school. I'm going to school every day. I have new classmates and new friends. I always gardening in our school. I plant more flowering plants and my favorite flower is rose. I love to draw chartoon characters and I put it as decorations in our house. I love to read books especially stories of heroes and fairy tales. I also love to dance that's why when there's activities and programs in our school I'm always joining. I'm always studying my lesson and do my homeworks when it comes at night.
Thank you and God Bless you.
Your sponsored child,
Samuel J-----"

So touching! Before I received any letters from Samuel, I kind of wondered what sort of bond we would have. I don't exactly have a lot in common with pre-teen/teenage boy, I wouldn't think, being a 26-year-old woman myself. I wasn't terribly worried about it, but I also didn't see Samuel and I having maybe as close of a bond as, say, Jazmin and I already seem to. But his letters make me think I was wrong. What a wonderful young man! I do feel very close to him even after just receiving two letters from him, and I can't wait for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment