Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Gracias del fondo de mi corazón.

Today someone did something absolutely amazing...I was about to say "for me", but that's not true. They did it for an eight-year-old girl who lives in the Dominican Republic, a very special little girl whose family happens to be very, very poor.
Daneisi is my sponsored child. She lives in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic, with her parents and 6 brothers and sisters. The family lives on $150 a month, which isn't enough to allow Daneisi to attend a "regular" school. When I first began sponsoring her, she didn't attend school at all. As of her last update, in August, she was attending an informal school in a home in her neighborhood with about 50 other children.
When I inquired about what it would take, financially, to enroll Daneisi in a more formal school, CI came back with a figure of $280. I posted about this on LiftOne (www.liftone.org) on Monday, and today I received an email from CI telling me that...

An anonymous donor has donated $280 for Daneisi's education!

I cried when I read this email. I cried and I laughed and I jumped around a little and kind of squeaked, and I scared the cat. What an amazing, big-hearted, generous thing for someone to do! It had to be someone from LiftOne, an amazing website for sponsors. (I actually think I know who it was, but since they donated anonymously I will respect that and not blab about who I think it was, or ask them, or anything.)

So that is why I say, Gracias del fondo de mi corazón. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment