Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Meet Private!


This is Private M, from Zambia. I sponsor Private with two other wonderful sponsors, through Child Hope Zambia. It seems I completely failed to write an introductory post on him, and then when I began to write it, I didn't have all his information. So let's try this again.
Private is 9 years old. His birthday is May 20th, 2001. He attends the second grade, and his favorite school subject is mathematics.
He lives in Manyana with his parents, brother and two sisters. When he grows up he wants to be a driver.
Private's favorite color is black and his favorite pastime is playing soccer. (Yay!) His chores at home include looking after the goats. (Looking after livestock, herding cattle, etc, is a very common chore for even very young boys in Zambia.)
Private is facing some extra challenges in his life, and I did write some about it in my earlier post attempt, but after thinking about it, I decided to remove that information and not discuss the issue. I think I should respect Private's privacy (ha!) I will just say that he is a very special little boy, and I feel very close to him and protective of him, even though he's half a world away.

No comments:

Post a Comment