Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Child Hope Zambia August Distribution

Here are some photos of three of my four Child Hope Zambia kids, taken at their August distribution. Because of a school holiday, the distribution was actually held around the 7th of September.

First is Hachita, who just turned 14 years old. She's holding the gifts I sent her in a direct package! I sent these gifts in mid-July, hoping they would arrive in time for her August 29th birthday. It turns out my timing was almost perfect- she received them just a few days later! I was going to say I hope she had a good birthday and enjoyed the gifts, but I don't think I have to hope- her big smile says it all!

Below is Crestetor, holding the contents of HER direct package! I was actually shocked to see that the package had arrived so quickly- I didn't write down the exact date I sent it, but it was sometime in August, certainly no earlier. I wanted to make sure it arrived in time for her 9th birthday on October 4th. When I first saw the picture, I was puzzled because she is holding so many items. I thought "Wait, I thought at this distribution she just received a uniform!" Then I looked more closely and saw the little white teddy bear I sent. I was just so surprised! Talk about a super speedy package!

And here we have lovely Lavenda showing off her brand new school uniform. She doesn't have a direct package because her birthday isn't until March 1. Not pictured is my 4th CHZ child, a boy named Private, whom I sponsor with two other fabulous sponsors.

I become SO happy whenever I look at these photos. It is really something to see your sponsored kids holding things YOU personally picked and sent to them. I still don't think I'll do direct packages for my Children International kids, just because CI has such a good system for utilizing special gifts, and they really seem to have a way of making money stretch. But for these three (and for Private of course) I think I will send one package a year each. By keeping the packages small- just what will fit in the largest padded envelope- it keeps shipping costs manageable. I shipped both these packages for about $15 each, via USPS.

No comments:

Post a Comment