Friday, August 6, 2010

Updates to Daniesi's Report!

For the past three or four days, I've been kind of obsessively checking my sponsored child Daneisi's report for an update. You see, it had been a full year since the last update and I know they are supposed to be done every 365 days, same as the photos.
Well, today the report was updated, and I am SO VERY HAPPY with what it says. Daneisi is now attending school! Her favorite subject is reading! This had me so happy that, when I read it, I actually started to laugh out loud, which did attract the attention of the other library patrons. But I couldn't help it- I am just SO happy that my little baseball player is in school! I had sent an email to CI asking what it would take on my part (financially) to get her into school, but now I can maybe use that money to provide tutoring or other educational assistance.
I think what happened was that the report was completed before Daneisi was sponsored. I know she's had one sponsor before me, because I asked CI. Then, when she began receiving benefits, CI was able to get her enrolled in school, but since a new report wasn't due until this August, the information wasn't changed on her report. At least that would make sense. Anyway...
The second change that I am very excited about has to do with Daneisi's family's sanitation facility. On the last report, it was listed as "open field". On this report, it has changed to "toilet"! You know, I never thought I'd be this excited to learn that someone I've never even met, thousands of miles away, has a toilet. But I am. I am SO happy for Daneisi and her family.

No comments:

Post a Comment