Monday, August 16, 2010

Letter from Lavenda!

Today I had another very exciting mail day: I received letters from two of my four Child Hope Zambia kids, Lavenda and Nchuuma Hachita!
First up is the letter from Lavenda, age 8. She wrote a sort of a fill-in-the-blank letter, which I think is a really cool way to give the kids some ideas of what to write about. Underlined areas are what she wrote. Non-underlined areas are the prompts or questions typed on the sheet.
"Dear Sponsor,
My favorite subject in school is mathematics. I will tell you a bit about my teacher, classmates, and school house: Mrs. Chisengele. 30 girls and 30 boys= 60, 40 pictures. [I don't know if that last word is supposed to be "pictures"- I mean, that's what she wrote, but I'm not sure what she was trying to say.] My best friend's name is Purrety. What I like best about her is: we study together all the time. I would like to tell you about my family: In my family 6 are boys 10 are girls. I know my family loves me because they give me all I want all the time and all the months. [Again, she wrote "months" but I'm not sure what the intended meaning was.] One day I would like to: Be a micro bank worker. Name: Lavenda M."

No comments:

Post a Comment