Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Postcards to My Sponsored Kids

I bought a whole bunch of Washington, DC (my city!) postcards to send to my sponsored kids. I realized I want to keep a record of my letters to them, as well as of course keeping the letters from them. So here it is for, well, me and whoever else cares, ha ha: my first correspondence with my sponsored kids.

Padmashree (Jefferson Memorial with cherry blossoms)
Dear Padmashree,
I received your nice letter. Thank you! I am glad you and your family are well. It's fun to ride a bicycle, isn't it? [She mentioned learning to ride a bike in her welcome letter to me.] I enjoy it too. This postcard is of the Jefferson Memorial, in Washington, DC, which is near my home. The cherry blossoms bloom in spring and we have a festival. It is beautiful. I think of you often and hope you are doing well in school and are happy and healthy. Your sponsor and friend, Nicole A[lastname]

Egda (Washington Monument with cherry blossoms)
Dear Egda,
I hope you had a happy birthday! Did you get my card with stickers? Are you happy to be seven now? I thought of you on your birthday. What grade are you in at school? I hope you enjoy school. I did when I was your age. I hope your family is well. My family is all well. What is your favorite color? Mine are orange and blue. Do you like soccer? I do very much. I also like to read and write. I think of you often and hope you are healthy and happy. Your sponsor and friend, Nicole A[lastname]

Hachita (Lincoln and Washington monuments with brilliant orange sunset)
Dear Hachita,
Hello! I hope you and your family are well. I and my family are very well. It is summer here and very hot. I enjoy the weather. I do not like the cold or snow that comes in winter. What kind of weather do you like? Here is some more about me. I live with my husband, Adam. I love to read and write poems. I like to do things outdoors, too. My favorite colors are orange and blue. My favorite sport is soccer. I have one brother, Eric. He is 22 years old. In school my favorite classes were languages. I am so happy to be your sponsor. I think of you often.
Nicole [lastname]

Francisco (Smithsonian "Castle" with bright flowers)
Dear Francisco,
Hi! I am Nicole, one of your sponsors. [This is the boy I'm part of a group sponsorship of.] I want to say I am very happy to be one of your sponsors. I think of you often and hope you are healthy and happy. What grade are you in? I hope you enjoy school. I did when I was your age. I love soccer, too. We have that in common. Hablo un poquito espanol, tambien. Adios!
Nicole [lastname]

Samuel (Capitol Dome and Washington Monument with fireworks)
Dear Samuel,
Hi! I hope you and your family are well. We are fine here. My name is Nicole and I am your new sponsor. I live near Washington, DC, the capitol of the USA. This is a picture of our fireworks which we have every Independence Day, July 4. What grade are you in? Do you live in a village or a city? I live in a village near the city. I think of you often. Study hard, be healthy and happy!
Your sponsor, Nicole [lastname]

No comments:

Post a Comment