Monday, June 28, 2010

My first letter to Padmashree

This is the first letter I wrote to Padmashree, my sponsored child from India. I wrote it online- Children International has a cool feature where you can log into your account and write a letter to your child online. The letter gets sent to the child's field office, where it's printed and translated for the child. Isn't that cool? Anyway, this is my first letter, dated May 13, 2010.


Dear Padmashree,
Hello! How are you? I hope you and your family are well. My name is Nicole and I am your new sponsor. I live near Washington, DC, the capitol of the USA. I don't live in the city, though. I live in a house near the woods. I like where I live because the woods are very pretty and there is a river nearby. Deer, birds, and squirrels come to our yard and they are nice to watch.I live with my husband, Adam, and our pets. We have two cats and a guinea pig. The cats are named Boogles and PK and the guinea pig is called Quinn. I will send you some pictures so you can see them!In my free time I like to write poems, read books, spend time outside, swim, and play music.I am very happy to be your sponsor and I'd love to learn about you and your family and where you live!
Yours truly,
Nicole A[lastname]

No comments:

Post a Comment