Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Hachita

Meet Hachita Nchumba! She is my newest sponsored child. I sponsor Hachita through Child Hope Zambia. (http://childhopezambia.blogspot.com/) She is 13 years old, and will turn 14 on August 29th. She is in the fourth grade. Hachita speaks Tonga and is learning English in school. She lives with her father,mother, 3 brothers and 4 sisters. I don't know the family's monthly income, or the names of her parents or siblings, yet.
Hachita's favorite school subject is Social Studies, and she wants to be a teacher when she grows up. Her favorite color is Black, and she likes to play netball, which I'd never heard of and had to look up! For chores, Hachita cleans the house.
I just wrote her my first letter and put it in the mail today. Child Hope Zambia has a template for a letter you can write to your sponsored child, in Tonga, which is really interesting. It was fun to write!
Through this organization, we get at least four letters a year, along with multiple pictures of the children with the items our sponsorship has provided them with. A sponsorship of a primary school student or an Early Childhood child is just $9 a month, and a sponsorship of a secondary student is just $15 a month! This provides the children with a school uniform, a hygiene kit, a school bag and school supplies, shoes and socks, and pays school fees for the year. It's an awesome organization and I encourage everyone to sponsor a child! What else would you do with $9 a month, or $15? I know I personally will not even miss the money, and knowing what a difference it will make to Hachita is such a good feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment