Friday, June 25, 2010

A Decision



Today, I made a decision I've been thinking about for a long time. Today's the day I decided to quit smoking. I've quit in the past, sometimes for months at a time, but I always started back up again. This time it's going to be different. This time I have incentives. If you look to the left you'll see my first incentive.
His name is Samuel, and he's from the Phillipines. He's my fifth sponsored child. I just took on his sponsorship today, after making my decision to STOP buying cigarettes. I did a little math- my brand of cigarettes is over $7 a pack. I smoke about half a pack a day. That's over $100 per month that I spend on cigarettes!
That's a totally unnecessary expense, and I could be using that money for so many other things! I decided to sponsor at least one more child with the money I would otherwise be spending on smoking, because then, when I'm temped to smoke, I can look at the photo of my child and think "You're WAY more important to me than a cigarette is."
So, meet Samuel. More information about him in a few days- I know only a little bit about him so far. I know he was born on Oct. 17 (we share a birthday), and I believe he is 13 years old. I know he lives in the Phillipines but I don't know in what area, and I know he lives with relatives other than his parents but I don't know who, or where his parents are. I also know that he has 5 siblings and he enjoys playing sports.







No comments:

Post a Comment