Monday, October 11, 2010

Photos!

I have THREE new photos of some sponsored children! The first one was a surprise- Joanne's annual photo wasn't due for another few months, but just a few days ago, there it was! I sponsor Joanne through Children International.
Her smile is so bright and real- it always makes me smile, too, when I see it. (And I love the orange shirt!)

Below: Child Hope Zambia kids
Above is Private with his goat. I do not know who the other person in the photo is. A family member, maybe? Anyway, Private's other sponsors got him a goat, which seems random until you realize that these children's families are all farmers, and a goat is a very useful thing to have. Herding goats or cattle is a very, very common chore for boys, even the very young ones. I couldn't herd a goat if you paid me to, but when that's part of your daily life, I guess you learn young!

Above is Hachita with her hygeine kit. She is a primary student, though she is 14 years old. I've sponsored her since June, and this month she received a hygeine kit. I'm not sure about everything it contains, but obviously there's a towel there, and probably things like soap and tablets to treat water with to make it drinkable.

No comments:

Post a Comment