Monday, October 11, 2010

Finally!

Yes, I finally received my letter from Jesús in Mexico! I was so relieved- I was beginning to think it had gotten stuck in one of the 12 million circulars we get and had been thrown away! I am not a patient person at the best of times, but waiting 11+ weeks for my first letter from Jesús kind of helped me become a teeny tiny bit more patient. Debbie from CI (a wonderful person) looked into it for me, and because the first letter I wrote arrived so soon after I began sponsoring Jesús, I guess they sort of combined the CW (Child Welcome) and CP (Child Participation) letters. I always write a letter to the child soon after I become their sponsor, and usually about 8 weeks after sponsoring them I get a CW and a CP letter- one the child's introduction letter, the other a response to my first letter.
Well, Jesús does not write himself yet, because he's only 6 and hasn't been to school. So his father, Jorge Z, wrote for him. Dad writes:
"Dear Nicole A,
I am the father of Jesús Salvador and I am writing because he does not know how to read or write yet and he tells me that he is happy because you are his sponsor and he says that the same like you he loves soccer and also animals, he loves cats and also nature, the forests and the rivers and above all, the sea and he would like to know you some day and well, goodbye with a kiss and a strong hug on behalf of my son Jesús Salvador and thank you for your attention.
Jorge Z"
Dad also drew a little picture of a car traveling along by the sea, and Jesús colored it. My husband looked at the drawing and said "It's a VW Bug! He drew you a Bug!" and it does look like a Bug. Bugs aren't uncommon in Mexico- I've visited there twice and both times I saw lots and lots of them. Like, so many that it was kind of weird.
I'm happy to see that Senor Z can write, too. We're working on getting Jesús into school as soon as possible, which probably won't be until Fall of 2011. But I made the donation so his parents can go get the letter of inexistence, which is the first step in getting him enrolled. I can't wait for the day when he writes his own letter to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment